Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hurry up and wait...

and wait, and wait, and wait. Seems like the story of my life lately. It's only been a month since we announced that we're expecting a little girl to join our family, but it feels like forever. I know it would probably worse if I couldn't see my toes, but still...I'm thankful to our birthmom for sticking through that part for me. I'm trying to be more excited than scared, but well, it's really not working. I spend a lot of time organizing, re-organizing, cleaning, and surfing the Internet while we wait than ever before. You could probably eat off my kitchen floor for the first time in a while.

I've been informed that some of my ideas are "first time parentish" but well guess what? We are. A few of biggest eyebrow raisers are #1. We are going to cloth diaper (notice the "we") #2. We are going to take a picture of her every day for the first six months so we can do a time lapse video and watch her grow. (I saw someone do it with their puppy and it was so cool. Plus she has enough clothes that someone needs to see her different outfits) #3. I am going to breastfeed. Those are the biggies that I get "You're What?!" or just a smirk and a "we'll see about that". Oh and my sister has convinced me that we need to start swimming at no later than six weeks preferably sooner (Good thing we live in CA, because if there was snow on the ground there would be no way in hell I'd even consider putting a swimming suit on).

So this is what I've been up to lately..planning, scheming and dreaming. Some close friends of mine threw me a baby shower this last weekend so I've also been organizing "baby stuff". (Angela and Holly if you read this thank you, you rock, and I love you both!)

In my attempt to avoid being consumed by the wait I also have been working quite a bit. It doesn't really work. I have baby on the brain. Although that is not something new for the last few years, but this is a different experience all together. If you can't tell we're excited and now I'm rambling so I'll give it a rest.

P.S. Her name is Kensley!

4 comments:

Byran and Diana said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see some pictures of you new little girl. best of luck.

[alisar] said...

How many more days until your due??? Where will she be born? We want details!

Crazy Me... said...

P.S- I bought her more books but most will stay at grandma's. I found one that will become an instant classic. :) And do you have a swimming suit for her yet? 'Cause I wasn't kidding...and it is 2 weeks that you can start them swimmin'.

Over and out,
-The Goose

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

No swimming suit. The smallest I've been able to find is 6 mos and theres no way it will fit her.

Blog Archive