Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Back in January I was heavy and uncomfortable at 36 weeks pregnant. My husband was on the other side of the planet and Erick was in arm restraints and being syringe fed after his recent palate surgery. He stood in front of the pantry one afternoon in pain and pointing at a bag of chips. With his arms stuck straight out he screeched, and cried, and pleaded, "Meeeee eeeeaaaat!"

I went into my closet and cried.

I thought, "This is the hardest thing I've ever done."

This is so much harder than that.

Parenting is some rough stuff.

2 comments:

Marin said...

We need to get together and have a pity party (or not :-), ha ha. It's been a tough month for us, I feel for you, really, I do. We have all had colds since Halloween, now I have mastitis (2nd time now with Max but hey, it's 6 months apart!) Obviously a sign I need to slow down...but how? I really don't do much now with kids except chase after them! I do the things I have to do and not much else. Not sure what the answer is :-)

Holly said...

But, you're SO good at it:) You guys made a hard, but great decision!! Remember if it isn't hard, it isn't worth it....I remind myself of that too.

Blog Archive