Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cali. Another of this week's theories. Two parts.

First...

No one I know from California actually calls it Cali. And every time I hear it, it reminds me of Tyler- the 17 year old boost to my 13 year old ego. He was the dude that stopped me on my walk to church to ask me for my number. I refused, but somehow he called me later that evening anyway. I'm not sure what possessed him to call someone he knew that he thought might be in my Ward. Creative little punk-ass. Persistent too. I was so flattered. Looking back, I should have been totally creeped out. Let that be a lesson you. 14 year old girls, even smart, mature for their age ones, are dumb when it comes to boys. Hear that Scrunch?!?!?! Mama's got your number. You can't kid a kidder.

Second...

You move TO California, not away from. And no your serenely looking scenes of a white Winterland do not entice me to change my mind. Snow. Yuck! Can't stand the stuff. It's hazardous to you health, you know. I think I was twelve when my mom drove us up to my Uncle's cabin so we could go skiing for the first time. We flew up in her little red Honda after work. It got dark and the weather was bad. At one point we could hardly see and we momentarily lost control. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed, and the car stopped. The next morning we could see where the car tracks ended and they were way, way, way too close to the edge. I spent the rest of the day on my butt in the cold. I love Bear Lake! Add snow and I don't care if I ever see the clear blue lake again, thank you very much.

Now, I recognize that not all of you do not see the world through my often skewed, but can't help but be right eyes. Some of you will have the gumption to move away and take my girl's besties with you. And I guess I'll forgive you. I'll even do my best to sew you a custom poof hat so you'll keep your ears if you decide to go out in that stuff.


We're going to miss you Kikara! Don't forget your California Gurls!



I also realize that linking to Snoop Dog and Katy Perry might be a tad inappropriate because, well...just because it is. But I think we could all use a break from the Christmas music about now and it's a great song for cleaning the bathroom, or cleaning just about anything really. I've spent too many minutes on YouTube watching these guys, please don't let me be the only one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. So, if there ever was a reason to stay in Salt Lake - it would have to be for them. That was hysterical.

Although I must say it is a dream of mine to live in Cali (I can say that cuz I don't live there ;))

Marin said...

That's too funny Yanette! Merry Christmas!

Blog Archive