Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Newly Named Knits

It is so weird that the alliteration in the title post is spelled with a 'k'. I think it might be easier to teach Scrunch to read a foreign language. Mandarin? Hebrew? French? She'll get Spanish at her first fast food gig. English is wacked, but I'm not a point in life where I could teach us both to read anything different. The whole " 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' " thing is as complex as my mad homeschooling skills reach.

Homeschooling...ahhh homeschooling. It is the talk of the mommy crowd these days. Ya love it or hate it and every Mama has an opinion on it. Mine is... Cool for you. Not so much, for me. Is homeschooling even a word? I was homeschooled. Can one be schooled in anything besides basketball? But I was. Partially. It was more like independent study. And look how I turned out?

N e waiz...

This post was going to be about knitting.

I don't know why knitters name their handknits, but they do. Some get really creative and add them to verse conjuring images that inspire creativity and make you want to grab your wallet and head to your LYS (local yarn shop). Paypay is a good way to go, too. Just point and click. Almost like it's Monopoly money...

I'm not nearly as into giving names to my knits as I am baby chicks. It's either a "Mayor of Crazytown's This or That", a movie reference, or a song from a movie reference. That's what happens when you knit while you watch movies. Ever since I set to blocking over a week ago I've been swaying and snapping my fingers. Except yesterday.

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day..."

Except my version goes, "I've got Sunshine and a Cloudy Day..."

Sunshine
Ishbel by Ysolde Teague


Cloudy Day
Hemlock Ring Blanket by Jared Flood





Obscure movie references. That's what I'm about. It might not be much but I've learned her everything I know.

2 comments:

Miqui said...

I see how it is, do everyones name but aunt Miq's, hahahah, just kidding. She is too darn cute!!!!! And getting so big!

cambridgeclan said...

There was no way I was going to home school Andrew while I was having babies. This year will be the first and he's going to be in fifth grade. Public school can be a great blessing!

Blog Archive