Friday, April 1, 2011

Always an Adventure

MOM! IS THIS THE RIGHT FOOT? NOW IS THIS THE RIGHT FOOT?! OH, ARE YOU EATING MY PINK APPLESAUCE? OH, IT'S YOGURT? HURRY, HURRY. GET THE ROCKS. WE'RE UNDER ATTACK. GET THE ROCKS AND PUT THEM IN THE WHEELBARROW. I BET POCAHONTAS HAS A WHEELBARROW. YEAH, POCAHONTAS. YEP. SHE SURE DOES. IT'S COMING! WE HAVE TO HURRY BECAUSE WE'RE UNDER ATTACK. THE PIRATES WILL GET US. I NEED A HOOK! YOU DIRTY ANN! I PUT A FEW ROCKS IN MY POCK. THERE'S JED. HE HAS A MOUTH AND TWO EYES LIKE CIRCLES. I'M WEARING TWO GLOVES AND YOU'RE WEARING TWO GLOVES. LIKE ME! WHAT COLOR ARE THESE GLOVES? OH, THEY'RE GREEN, THAT'S RIGHT. I'M BEING THE MOM. GOOD JOB. THESE ROCKS ARE LOTS OF WORK.

-Scrunch helping me in the backyard yelling over the roar of the neighbors construction work.

She does not pause for breath. "Prolly", cuz she's also a mermaid who asked me to teach her to read last week and used the cat litter on Wednesday. When I asked her not to, "It's okay mom. We can share." Sure, she'll share but she "Can't stand all this whining!!" when her brother gets frustrated with the No-nos.

Oh, that Scrunch of mine.

1 comment:

Goose said...

Some of the many reasons I love that Scrunch!

Blog Archive