Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You Spin me right round.

How do I tell you this story so I don't sound like a Goomba? I don't think I can. I'm too excited. My words and thoughts are all slumble jumbled.

The moral of this story is that I got a spinning a wheel!

Most of the chicas in my knitting group spin. It is a hobby that I've wanted to take up for a long time. I just couldn't justify it before. But now! Now that I've reclaimed a whole two hours in my day by no longer pumping, I think I can make it happen. I started looking into the craft and started slowly and craftily working on my Husband. Then, like Disney princess magic, a spinning wheel literally fell in my lap!

How it went down...

Mom works with Debbie. Debbie knits. Mom showed Debbie pics of my knitting from my blog. I saw Debbie when I met Mom for lunch. Debbie complimented my knitting. I said 'thanks' and somehow the conversation turned to goats and me mentioning that I'd like to spin. We leave for lunch. A few hours later Mom gets a message on her cell from Debbie. "Hey, I've got this antique spinning wheel of my grandmother's that is just collecting dust, do you want it?" Um, yes.

There are a few pieces that are broken and missing but she's in beautiful condition. Knitters are nice so there are a few women from my knitting group doing some spinning sleuthing to find out as much as we can about her. I hope to have her up and running soon.

It is as they say, the real McCoy. An antique spinning wheel from the late 1800's. Her name is Aurora. Wut? People name their cars. I named her after the dawn for she filled my life with sunshine. Not really, but she is named for the spinning wheel on Sleeping Beauty. Touch it and you die!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Gotta say...that's one I've never thought of! You go girl!

Blog Archive