Sunday, July 22, 2012

Moving Day

I think you will understand if my presence is a little sporadic. After spending a pretty penny at none other than IKEA, I walked away without most of my purchases. The checker thinks I'm nuts. What's new? Must have had something on my mind.

Furniture has been moved, re arranged, and re-rearranged. Yesterday was moving day. The girls (9 and 8) are here and we are slowly transitioning Professor (15 months) into our home while at the same time facilitating bonding and attachment as best we can. To say this has been an amazing experience is the understatement of the century. I am awed, humbled, amazed, you name it- at how good this has been for me, my mothering, my entire family. There are obstacles, and hurdles, and lots of laundry to overcome but man alive! It is good.

3 comments:

cambridgeclan said...

You have been on our minds this weekend. Glad it's going well so far. And don't worry about leaving purchases behind, your not the first.

grandma/mom said...

You are amazing!

Lisa said...

Yanette, this is amazing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blog Archive