Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Random

This is the first time that I've sat down all day that wasn't in my car. I am tired. But so glad that I timed my 'cheat' day with the ward's Young Women Girl's Camp fundraiser dinner! Chips, popusas, tostadas...CARBS!!!

I'm seven days into my detox. No gluten, no grains of any kind actually. No sugar or sweeteners. No processed foods. Two days ago I thought I was starving and was ready to rip someone's head off, but yesterday I felt better. Tomorrow we're hosting a barbecue for Husband's co-workers and their families. It is going to be hard to maintain my resolve, but tri-tip and salsa are allowed so I should be okay. If I cave it's going to be for Texas sheet cake and homemade ice cream. Can you blame me? I mean really.

Porkchop had a pre-op for his surgery next week. He's having new tubes put in. The next day Husband will be back in the Holy Land for a week. I wish I could go, but I just can't figure out how we'd do it. We are planning a little vacation for just the two of us for our 10th anniversary, though. A decade. Weird.

Sarah was the best pink fish ever! For all of three weeks. And then the damn thing jumped out, landed in the sink, and was discovered dead the next morning by an extremely distraught five year old little girl. I am very proud of her though. She took such good care of that little guy and without me even having to ask. We are in a period of mourning and will go buy a new one on Monday.

Even though I'm tired from saying "yes" to too many projects and consistently overbooking us, I still seriously considered talking to husband about a puppy. Our neighbors have a new bulldog puppy and I am puppy hungry.

I started drawing on my eyebrows consistently with Mac's eyebrow pencil. Their makeup is a little spendy, but I think it's worth every penny.

We faxed the paperwork to enroll Scrunch in our local homeschool charter this week. I could write a whole series of posts on our decision and reasons surrounding it, but ultimately I've decided my position is the same as my position on home birth. It is not my job to convert or convince you. And I don't really feel like having the conversation where you use all of my reasons to justify the choices you've made. If you get it, you don't need my reasons. If you're truly curious, you'll ask.

I am super excited about the most recent project in the backyard. We pulled out a section of grass and put in all playground bark. The kids have been playing 'cougars' and 'fishes' non-stop. Don't ask me. I don't understand. They switch from one pretend game to another so fast it's hard to keep up. I did get to be the "working whale" the other day while I was weeding.

My Juju's new trick is to hold your hand and walk everywhere. I think of her as my wittle-baby so it's weird to picture her walking around and playing with the bigger kids. Like it or not, she is.

I've been knitting. Woohoo! And I taught a friend's mutual to knit this week, too. We had fun. I felt so old driving home. I was the knitting-teacher Mom with three kids and a mini van. How did I get here?

I'm trying to think of the most random thing that happened this week as a way to end this Random Friday post but I'm falling asleep and Husband still needs my help wrestling the newly washed slipcovers back on to the couch. Oh, my mom got six new chicks! My name suggestions were Pollo, Loco, Pico, DeGallo, Salsa, and Fresca.

No comments:

Blog Archive