Friday, September 18, 2009

A story about when I was a little girl and how it applies today.

I like to have things clean. That doesn't mean I like to clean. Since I was born without the ability to wiggle my nose and make things happen and have yet to stumble upon a magic wand, I'm on my own. I usually manage to do an okay job at the housework thing but my Get-up-and-go got up and went about three days ago.

When we were little, I liked having our playroom clean but no one wanted to actually clean it. We managed to work it into our little games of house, or CIA agent, or whatever by pretending we were having an important guest-usually the President. I don't know how we came up with the President but somehow we knew that we'd probably like our house clean if he were to show up. We rushed around until it was clean and then we went on with our games.

I guess I haven't changed much.

I need someone to come to my house so that I can find the motivation to get what I'd like to have done done. I will volunteer to host the meeting (and the President) wayyyy too early on a Saturday morning so I can have the rest of the day to get on with my fun. I will put it off until bedtime and then I will rush around the house like we did when we were little, "The President is coming. The President is coming."

Who wants to come next week?

2 comments:

cambridgeclan said...

How about we trade. You come to my house and maybe I will magically feel like cleaning. The kids room is clean at least.

needlenut said...

I will as long we can go to the yarn shop!!!!

Blog Archive