Monday, January 14, 2013

The book I read to make me not hate the laundry. As much.


Today is Laundry Day. But I'm okay with it. I've finally made peace with the laundry monster. Grudgingly. It helps that it's freezing cold outside so I don't want to do anything but stay inside and drink hot tea with my leftover pizza anyway.

Several months ago I read a great book. Large Family Logistics. If I wrote and marketed books I'd cross out 'Large'. It's good stuff for all families.

                                         Large Family Logistics

It made Monday my Laundry Day. Tuesday my errand day. Wednesday my office day... and on and on. I attribute this book with only living in semi-controlled chaos for the last several months and not complete and total bedlam. It doesn't give the recipe for how to get someone else to match the socks or at least turn the clothes right side out (huge pet peeve!), but it's made having seven loads of laundry to wash, fold, and put away today totally do able. I devote one single day and then don't do any other laundry the rest of the week, minus the diapers and unless someone pukes or pees or someone gets puked or peed on. Ok, so I still do some sort of laundry almost every day, but I don't hate it as much.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

2 Posts in 1 week???? Whats the world coming too!???

Blog Archive