Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Older never posted blog.


July 21, 2006

This is getting ridiculous… I used to think that people who dressed their dogs and referred to their pets as their “kids” needed “professional help” and was glad they lived in places like San Francisco or Santa Barbara. Now I am one of those people. It’s five o’clock in the morning and I’m awake worrying about a rash my dog has probably from rolling in something that I’m glad I can’t identify. He’s oblivious to my lack of sleep as he follows our cat Chevy from room to room and whining because I won’t let him in the kitchen.

Jed is short for Jedi and he is our nineteen week old blue Weimaraner puppy. (Another thing I though I’d never do… talk about age in terms of weeks. I mean really, people don’t care if it’s sixteen or nineteen; the dog is four months old.) But now it matters. It matters for training and it matters for shots.

Now it matters because I have to figure out how much vitamin E and zinc to add to his diet for five days. I also have to stock up on Avon Skin So Soft since apparently this helps with the rash. After an hours worth of research that’s what I’ve found. I’ve also found a holistic vet in Woodland which is only an hour and half away. Oh yes… we try to be holistic with him too. Weims are sensitive so we have to be careful what we put in him. Maybe it is good thing that this is our practice “kid”. Can you imagine what issues our human children are going to have? Not to mention how crazy I’m becoming because no matter how much I love him, and how smart, and funny, and cute he is, he is just a dog. (But we won’t tell him that).

No comments:

Blog Archive