Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On the Road: Crafties Week 2

If no one pukes for twenty-four hours we are headed to Grami's in the morning. And if someone does puke, we're still headed to Grami's. It will just require more frequent stops along the side of the road. We are not strangers to the stretch of road between Northern and Southern California. Scrunch was three weeks old the first time I drove South with her by myself. Both my kids have made the trek along the 5 more times than I care to recount. Luckily, Grami's house is placed just so that when you think you can't take another mile, you descend from the Grapevine and you're there!

This week's crafties are a little bit of a stretch, but you'll see. I can work hot glue into just about anything, including a vacation.

This is where I confess that I'm a little bit of a freak when it comes to packing for Grami's.

When Scrunch was a baby I came across an idea somewhere in the blog-o-sphere for keeping kids occupied in the car, that works! For every hour that we plan on being in the car she gets a baggie with a snack and some trinket. I am a fan of Michael's dollar section and Dollar Tree. The key is to actually separate them into separate baggies. There is something about the anticipation of getting a new baggie that makes the time pass and for ten bucks I don't have to listen to Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang or Finding Nemo  over, and over, and over. Does this count as crafting? Probably not, but slap a sticker on it and it's practically scrapbooking.



My sister once made a comment that my children only wear new clothes when they go to Grami's and now it's turned into this thing. I usually buy clearance a season, or two, or year ahead and I use Grami's house as opening day on a new season of clothes. This includes crafting because little chicas are surprising hard on head adornments, so the week before involves making bows/hairclips/headbands to coordinate with new clothes. I'm a freak, I know it. And it's contagious. I've called Jess twice? thrice? about clearance sales and she doesn't even know what she's having. Keep the receipt. It's either a girl or a boy.

I will need some good mindless knitting. Husband isn't going, so no knitting on the drive. I almost considered taking the train to remedy this, but chickened out. Knitting time will be limited to between movies, Wii tennis, and slices of hummingbird cake. Hemlock Ring and my recently frogged Citron should work.

There's a snowball's chance in hell I might get a quilt quilted while I'm there, but it's not likely. It's about time for a new lake quilt.

That's the plan Stan. On The Road crafting links.

Sippy Cup leash    I might have time for this...

 Please, mom? Whatever will I do if I drop my sippy cup?



Bows, bows, and more bows. If you can tie your shoes, you can make a bow.
Car Seat Organizer

Last week's Crafties

I already posted pics of the Baby legs and owl V-day stuff.

f.i.n.a.l.l.y. Scrunchs' nighstands are painted.


Owl Softie and hairclip- A birthday present.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

In all your spare time please make us an Owl softie and some leggins for Lyla. Since I will never be the crafter that you are I will give you those little flower things that my sister gave me. I just want them to go to good use. I would turn them into a wreath, but, lets be honest, that will never happen.

Blog Archive