Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

You might have seen a bajillion pictures of all of your friend's, neighbor's, aunt's, hairdresser's, dog groomer's kids at the pumpkin patch- but did they include this awesome poem?

When all the cows were sleeping
And the sun had gone to bed,
Up jumped the pumpkin,
And this is what he said:

I'm a dingle dangle pumpkin
With a flippy floppy hat.
I can shake my stem like this,
And shake my vine like that.
-Author Unknown

We go to the pumpkin patch not for pumpkins, but for the petting zoo. The best part was that she was talking to it like that was his head.

But she caught on quick.



No, really. We go to the pumpkin patch because Mom loves petting zoos.


Well, maybe for a few pumpkins. Who knew two year-olds had such opinions on pumpkin picking?





And to make straw bales. Trust me. It's straw. There was a great debate over straw vs. hay.



They drag each other around like this all the time.


But we all know who she's really smitten with.



Joyce made us do it. That's our story and we're sticking to it.


Remember kids. Joyce made you do it.



I'm not really that tall. And I'm chopping my hair off.



The classic arms-length family photo.



How can I work in a joke about pumpkins as related to melons?...you get the idea.



We'll be back next year. And the year after that. and after that. and after that. Until Scrunch outgrows the goat measuring stick. She can't wait, just look at her.

6 comments:

needlenut said...

That was priceless. She gets cuter every day. Can't wait til you come.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day! I loved sharing it with your photo's. Johnny hit the pumpkin patch every year till he was 18. The last few years he used the excuse that he was taking his little sisters.

Marti said...

You are holding the pumpkins the wrong way...stems should be pointing towards the camera :)

Goose said...

Random... your eyebrows look good. It's been a random kind of day...

Shane & Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! Those are some good size pumpkins.... I'd hate to carry that weight around! :)
Your little girl is too cute. I love that she was talkin' to the butt of the goat!

Lisa said...

So cute- those are great pictures.

Blog Archive