Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Luck-E Day

Auditory Brainstem Response Test. When I called to schedule it I was informed it was at 9am and he needs to be asleep for it. If only I had that kind of power...

We were going to have to rely on a whole load of luck.

The whole thing sounds like a pain in the butt to me, but whatev. In reality, it wasn't so bad. I got to hold him uninterrupted all morning while he slept and I even fell asleep in the chair, too. Lets do this every week minus the test part. Scheduled morning nap. Lucky me.

It seems luck would be on our side. Porkchop has moderate hearing impairment on both sides due to the fluid accumulation, but it should resolve when he has tubes put in at his first surgery. While the hearing loss is kind of a bummer, it is what we expected. The good news is that it is most likely due to the fluid and he should regain the hearing. We are in luck.

I think it was the tee and booties that did it.

Horton Hears a Who. (Har har. Come on. It's funny.) And the booties? They're his lucky booties.

Thanks Aunt Kae! There are two audiologists and a woman in the waiting room that would like an adult pair.


3 comments:

Goose said...

I just love his little face! Yay for being able to hear!

cambridgeclan said...

The way his hands are and the way his head is in that last picture makes me soft. He looks so sweet.

Miqui said...

He is so cute. I just want to squeeze him. I can't wait until I can hold him for the first time.


P.s.
The booties are adorable.

Blog Archive