Monday, November 7, 2011

Butcher Block Dreams

This one time, someone listened to me. 

And it totally worked!

Wait...

Hold that....

No. It not only worked, it looks awesome! 

A new dishwasher led to new countertops. New countertops to the backsplash (my idea), the new backsplash to painting the island. Ahem, my idea again. Painting the island to the butcherblock. What's that? Another one of my ideas? 

What I'm trying to figure out is why they are still giving me a hard time about re-hanging the wallpaper, finishing the living and dining room painting, and making two Craigslist pickups in a single weekend. Just because my version of simplifying my life includes working more hours, from home. I needed an office space. 

Sometimes, some of my half baked ideas work out. Obviously. I have a track record. There was that one time... butcher block was brilliant.

I don't have any pictures of my parent's update. But I liked it so well, it's what I'm hoping I get for my next birthday. That's why I suggested it. I wanted to see if it would work before I took a sledge hammer to my own kitchen island. My husband is very tolerant of my painting anything I want, but he is a little leery of me with a sledgehammer. And who can blame him, really?

1 comment:

cambridgeclan said...

You may want to add, Pregnant with a sledgehammer.

Blog Archive