Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I know why tigers eat their young. And I don't even have a doctorate in applied animal behavior. It is because the female tigress is solely responsible for the rearing of her cubs.

I know we're supposed to be all P.C. and sensitive to people's different home and living situations, but I'm just going to put it out there loud and clear. Single parenting S.U.C.K.S.!!!! It is Day 12 of parenting solo and I am over it. I may or may not have let the kids have pickles and cottage cheese for breakfast. And then I felt bad so I made them ham and eggs, but it was closer to lunch time. So they had ham and eggs for lunch. The tangerines on the tree I got for Christmas are ripe so I think they ate about 27 of those. I'd have kept better count, but I had this brilliant plan to makeover my Master Bedroom while Mi Esposo was gone so I was busy cussing and developing a hernia while trying to hang pallets on the wall. The curtains look awesome though, and I didn't even sustain an injury or let out swears or anything. Doing everything by yourself is lame- hernia or no hernia. It would be one thing if he was a good for nothin' who didn't pull his weight around here, but he's not. The kids are really starting to miss him. I miss him too, but I'm a little preoccupied with the fantasy of running away for the day the minute he walks in the door. Where would I go? IKEA? The book store? Yarn shop? The bathroom? Oh, to go to the bathroom by myself at least once a day! Props to the military Moms who never pee in peace. I never really stopped to consider that. Two more days. Two more days. I can do two more days. I could probably hold it for two days if I really had to.

1 comment:

KerryQ said...

Dinner tonight? Order pizza and eat in front of a Disney movie. It will save your sanity. For that hour anyway.

Blog Archive