We are very open with Scrunch, even now, about adoption. Her placement, her birth mother, the whole bit. It is hands-down the greatest thing that has ever happened to us. We love our birth mom. We are huge adoption advocates. But it is complicated. Maybe it isn't, and we just think it is.
Most moms worry about their children growing up with a positive self image, and knowing that they are loved. I want her to be strong, and independent, and to feel confident in making choices. More than anything I want Scrunch to know how much her birth mom loves her. How much we love her. And when she's a teenager and "everything sucks" I want her to think adoption is "cool". Even if she thinks her mom is not.
But even if she does (think adoption is cool), I get that there will be days she will be sad she did not "grow in mommy's tummy." And you know what? I'm not going to tell her to have faith, or that there is a plan, or to be strong and be a good example. I'm going to tell her that it makes mommy sad sometimes, too.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- Tender Mercies
- Nip and Tuck
- Adoption is cool.
- God, bless the girls that get it.
- Random Friday- A Tidbit from my Husband
- Cart WAY before the horse.
- Rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous.
- Like I need another excuse.
- Two excuses.
- Totally random picture from the webcam.
- That'll teach ya.
- Missing the forest for the trees.
- Friday Random: Q and A Style
- The Happiest Quilt of My Life
- Insurance policy.
- I am a hypocrite.
- Catch up
- Not the real meaning of Easter, but....
- Spring Break
- I'm Outtie!
- Indulge me.
- Progress Report
- The Best Things in Life are Free
- It's Friday. It's random.
- Why? Why? why? why? why? why?
- Silver lining and a final lesson on Jelly Belly's
- ▼ April (26)
- ► 2008 (371)