Fellow knitter- "Are you stressed?"
Me (kind of laughing)- "Um, yes"
Fellow knitter- "Yeah, I read your blog. I can usually read between the lines, and I think you might be stressed."
Yes, OK people. I am stressed. Raise your hand if you are not stressed? What? No takers? (And if you do have your hand up, realize I hate you right now!) Stress is normal. It is a normal response to life's circumstances sometimes. And even though I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO, right now I'm still a little stressed.
My friend recently told her husband, "the next time the Mayor buys a house she doesn't think she'll do it on fertility meds." To which his response was somewhere along the lines of "Holy Shit!" (His words, not mine.) But thank you for understanding. Add to that a completely unexpected phone call from our caseworker, a new role at work and my plate is a little full at the moment. The cardiac work up a couple of weeks ago might have been my body's way of telling me to chill out, or it might be something to stress about. Which came first? The chicken or the egg. Life or stress? Or was it stress then life?
Considering I have yet to have a breakdown in public, I have (as of right now) not cussed anybody out (out loud), and my marriage is not on the rocks, I think I'm handling things very well. I do admit to sleeping on the couch last night, but it's because my couch is very comfortable. More comfortable than my bed.
Stress is normal. I can do stress. What I don't do is laundry. If you'd like to be a real help don't tell me not to stress, come help fold this mountain.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- The censored version.
- When I said "hit and miss" I meant mostly miss. Ta...
- It's gonna be hit and miss around here for a few d...
- One of the many things that makes my head explode....
- Me and my big mouth have been on our best behavior...
- It's all about the Papa.
- Ten things I did today rather than pack.
- Happy Dance!
- My kid is more criminal than your kid.
- She makes my life so easy.
- What is the world coming to?
- Love thy Neighbor
- What to do when you have too much to do.
- Read between the lines.
- If I link something three times you should go read...
- My head is swimming with things I could blog about...
- Ready or not, there she goes!
- Another Letter
- Required Reading
- I do not think it means what you think it means.
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2008 (371)