Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine

Just in case you may have missed the news flash...

MY KID HAS CURLY HAIR AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!

I would love her if she was bald as a cue ball, but she would not be Scrunch without her curls.

"I just watching" is a phrase I hear when she knows I'm not going to let her help with something- like put on my make-up or use the stove. The other day while getting ready to leave for a meeting I was straightening my hair and she asked, "I wanna squeeze hair too."

"Um. No." I responded. No explanation. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The answer is 'No'. And I thought, "I am more likely to let you get a piercing than to straighten your hair, kid." No joke.

The following day she received a Valentine's Day package from my sister. Along with the books, bubbles, pencils, and c.a.n.d.y. there was a little something she said I would just love. Tung-toos.

Yes. Candy flavored tattoos for your tongue. Just what every two year old didn't know she always needed and could not live without. And what their mother didn't even know they existed until it was too late.

Only an aunt. A single who spoils her rotten and lives more than a thousand miles away kind of aunt could get away with a present like that. We called her thanked her. Scrunch from the bottom of her little heart and me with a giant "Thanks a lot."

I also took note. Scrunch will never be sent to spend the summer with Aunt-E. She'd let her straighten her hair and get a piercing.

No comments:

Blog Archive