- The computer is currently and temporarily in the room we are sleeping in so there's been a damper on my nocturnal blogging. No more 3:24a.m. time stamps. Instead, I've spent too much time oogling Three Irish Girls' Lookbook. It's not as kinky as it sounds, but how do I tell my Husband I want Three Irish Girls for Valentine's Day?
- There is nothing more annoying than a Winter cold. Except maybe waking up to the sound of Fran Drescher from The Nanny's voice. Since that has never happened to me, mostly because I don't have a nanny, the cold takes it.
- I think my job is perfect fodder for a comedic sitcom. In a sick twisted sort of way. Me, bee-boucin' in purple scrubs in my Mini into the nastiest, dingiest, third world country-esque mobile home park on the West Side.
Me- "So, is there is anyone else here in the day who might be able to help you?"
"Sometimes Billy-bear is here."
"Who is Billy-bear?"
"I let him sleep on the floor at night when it's cold."
"Is he here during the day?"
"No. He stands in front of the store during the day."
"Ok. Is anyone else here?"
"Sometimes Dennis is here."
"Oh, who is Dennis?"
"Dennis just got out of prison and doesn't have anywhere to live yet so I let him sleep on the couch."
So, what you're telling me is that I'm sitting here waiting for the homeless man and ex-con to come check your blood sugar? Awesome sauce.
- For some reason Scrunch didn't want to read a book with pictures this morning and brought me 'Beezus and Ramona.' My favorite part was, "Beezus felt that the biggest trouble with four-year-old Ramona was that she was just plain exasperating. If Ramona drank lemonade through a straw, she blew into the straw as hard as she could to see what would happen. If she played with her finger paints in the front yard, she wiped her hands on the neighbors' cat." What's my kid's name again?
- When I showed her what the alien ship looking thing in her Doctor's kit was, I heard myself say, "Only Mommy checks reflexes, okay? Do not check your brother's reflexes, do you understand?" Did I just say that? Um, yeah. I've also said things like, "Do not put your feet on your brother again!" and "Please give the knitting needles back to him." From her I've been woken up to, "Mom! Come and get us!" Us? Oh, hello. Why are you in your brother's crib?
- When I walk by her room and see these poofs, it makes me happy. Perhaps in my bliss I should check that she is in her appropriate sleeping place, besides just staring at the ceiling.
- Dog pile on Mommy!
- My hair is way too long. That will be remedied this Wednesday and should give me a 2lb. jump start on New Year's weight loss.
- I love this picture of my kids and their Grami and Gramps. Classic.