Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Somebody blog. I'm bored.

I went to bed shortly after the kiddos. It's 1 am and I feel like I've had a full night's sleep. Oh, wait. I have. Now I'm up. And I'm bored. My blog reader list look exactly the same as it yesterday. So disappointing when that happens...

I'm between projects and due to a recent furniture swap my sewing machine isn't quite ergonomically accessible, yet. I'm sitting here in the front room contemplating shades of gray and was a little too close to getting the blue tape out when I thought about Joyce.

"I check your blog every day. I'm so disappointed when there're nothing there."

Sheesh. No pressure.

Joyce is checking from a wi-fi hot spot from Stanford's children's hospital. Her son has undergone two open heart surgeries in ten days. She has been at his bedside for almost a month. This is not her family's first time through this, and they are still a long road from being done.

I don't/can't/don't want to imagine what that's got to be like. Lame and sucky come to mind, but that's not really very helpful, is it? It's been several months since i spent much time with her. Even longer since my days of puking in the bushes and putting an end to our running together, but Joyce was among the first to sit in my family room, love on my baby, and tell him he was beautiful and perfect. I will always appreciate her for that. She also told me once that i made the greatest cupcakes she had ever tasted. And this girl knows her cupcakes. I suppose the least I can do is share some link love. For those late (or early) nights up when you're bored and limited in what you can do...

Cake wrecks
Bakerella
CJane
NieNie Dialogues

And if you would, leave me a favorite go-to link in a comment. Or write a blog post. Or both. For the two of us.

4 comments:

Goose said...

Weird. Im up too. Thanks for blogging, now I have something to do besides look at food blogs and etsy jewelry.

Erica said...

Well now you know what its like for the rest of us when you don't post. I'm surprised you don't have any of the following: 1) The Pioneer Woman (She is the best! Read her love story, its about to come out a book!) 2) Marthastewart 3)Our Best Bites. I just found another one, Coal Creek Farm. ooh also if you go to http://thepioneerwoman.com/other-sites/ she has a bunch of blags that are a pretty good read.

The Zimmermanns said...

A post has been made by me for you...

Goose said...

http://www.dcmp.org

That might interest you- it is super easy to register and they have lots of streaming videos that you may find helpful. Scrunch probably would like the signing videos for little kids.

Blog Archive