Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Brain Drain

I can't stand to lose things. It makes me feel like I'm going nuts. And it makes me nuts at the same time.

That three weeks the strawberry piece on the meals puzzle was missing was a killer. I know because I regularly put all the puzzles away to make sure we have all the pieces. I notice if Mr. Potato's ear is gone. I have to bargain with myself that I will not count certain toys. Like the army men Santa put in the stockings. I just throw them in the container with the marbles. And I don't count them. They seem to multiply anyway. I think this might make me a freak, but no one hates it more than I do.

When something does go missing, I go bonkers. I obsess over it. Go ahead and Google what that means...dropped on my head as a child? starved for love and affection? control freak? Go with #3. When in doubt, always go with #3. I know, I know. I'm working on it.

This afternoon on the way to the park I realized we can't find Scrunch's pink puffy jacket. I have looked EVERYwhere. Did we leave it at school? And if we did leave it at school, did I remember to put her name in it? It didn't end up in the bin I took to Goodwill, did it?

I start feeling like my house is out of order. That I need to clean and organize. It is like nesting times a thousand. And add that I might be nesting and...Whoa Nellie! I'm twitching. I can't think. I definitely can't blog. The only reason I'm here right now is that I'm waiting for my steamer to heat up. 3 minutes. I can type fast.

Then I realized I can't find the funnel that fills the steamer. Oh, for the love!!!

And yes, I've checked the sandbox. For both of them. But I did find my vacuum piece.

No comments:

Blog Archive