Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oink, Baah, Moo

My vegetarian friends need look away.
Ugh, forget the picture. I'm far from being vegetarian and the picture kind of makes even me queasy.

The stars aligned and I scored amazing, like uh-may-zing!! deals on meat the same day Santa delivered my freezer. After two hours in the kitchen my freezer is now stocked with...

4 packages chicken drumsticks
1 package pre-seasoned chicken
2 pans Salsa Chicken
2 pans Sesame Ginger Chicken
3 Seasoned Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
1 package pork sausage
1 package chicken sausage
2 packages of Italian turkey sausage
1 17lb. turkey
12 packages of hotdogs (25 cents a piece!)
3 packages of lunchmeat
4 meatloaves
2 pans of Chicken Teriyaki
4 pans of Chicken Enchiladas
4 lbs of shredded chicken
1 7 lb. pork shoulder roast (currently in the crockpot)
1 package cubed pork for posole
1 3lb. pork shoulder roast

All for.....$115.00! No coupons necessary. Just be in the right place, at the right time, that one time.

I have plans for the next few days of freezer English Muffin Sandwiches, Breakfast Burritos, Rice and Bean Burritos, Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies, Sugar Cookies, and Freezer Slaw. On husband's list is about eight loaves of bread so we can make a couple pans of French Toast bake, two loaves of PBJ to keep in the freezer, and two extra loaves to have on hand.

I am feeling like a calmer, saner, person.

Almost.

Maybe.

No comments:

Blog Archive