Saturday, December 24, 2011

The To Do list is still longer than the Got Done list, but at this point I'm kind of "meh" over it all anyway. The I Did list isn't looking so shabby. And just when I started to feel guilty over having my kids eat three or four (or more) chocolates from their Advent calendars (we were totally hit and miss in the beginning. Then they caught on and Porkchop asked for his chocolate first thing in the morning.) So just as I start to think we're the lamest Christmas providing parents ever, I read this post my Aunt linked to. I laughed so hard I might have peed.

But back to the list.

It might have taken me a few days but I...

Hung the gallery wall in the dining room.
Took Porkchop to his pre-op
Stood in line for two hours to see Santa.
Grocery shopped.
Finished all the wrapping.
Unveiled the newly painted table not as a picnic table, but a train table.
Finished the dinosaur tails.
Picked up the batteries and tension rods for random gifts. Like the awesome puppet theater my sister made.
Signed, sealed, and almost had to hand deliver the Christmas cards. You should get yours by New Year's.
Decided we'd do the Santa thing early. Long story. Short version...no more arguing over Santa vs. Jesus with my Husband and we get to spread the Holiday cheer over the entire weekend.
Baked Santa muffins.
Wrote him a letter.
Packed oats for the reindeer.
Read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" (Even though it really isn't. Shhh...We told the kids we asked Santa to stop by early on his way to Tokyo. Like they care.)

And tomorrow I might upload all the pictures that go with this post.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Blog Archive