Friday, December 5, 2008

My 'corny' post for the week.

What can I say? I like themes. Gift baskets are my forte, if I say so myself. And I say so myself.

I even had a momentary lapse of insanity one time where I thought I would make a few bucks crafting up gift baskets at one of those craft malls in Spanish Fork. You know... the ones where people don't actually buy anything, they just go to rip off other people's ideas (myself included). Because "I could make that myself Mormon mom mentality" runs rampant through those parts.

Even though crafting did not lead to my becoming independently wealthy, I still like themes. Scrunch's Christmas theme this year? Monkeys and Montessori. Monkeys from Grami and Montessori from mom, uh Santa. Don't tell her but things like play silks, and a Barrel of Monkeys may or may not be found under the tree. I even heard from one of the elves that there's a monkey quilt and monkey pjs involved. I am ashamed to admit this, but the Christmas crafting will be skipping right over Scrunch this year. I have too many other people waiting in line for the goods.

So in keeping with all things theme-y. Recently it was corn. Watching "King Corn" and knitting socks with Maizy- a corn fiber.

The movie will make you consider moving to the boonies and raising your own meat. Or it wont. You'll never eat at McDonalds again. Or you will. Poor McDonalds. They are today's Marlboro Man. Our scapegoat for everything that is wrong with society. But I digress. I have lots to say about this movie actually, so ask me sometime. Like when you can't sleep. And I will tell you all about buying grass fed, antibiotic free meats and high fructose corn syrup, and diabetes.

Which brings me to my "corny" yarn. Maizy. It's nice. I like it. I want to keep the socks I'm knitting with it. What more can I say?

This post is a lot like a gift basket. Throw a bunch of random crap together, slap a bow (in this case a title) on it, and call it good.

No comments:

Blog Archive