Sunday, June 19, 2011

D-Day!

When I ripped out the carpet without much warning, a few days later my, um... spontaneity??? came up.

"How many men to you know who wouldn't freak that their wives just RIPPED OUT THE CARPET!!?"

I think he must have been negotiating points for a hiking trip. And he didn't freak, by the way. I think his only comment when he walked in that day was, "It looks like you've been busy." Scrunch was the one all worked up and screaming "Mommy ripped out the carpet!!!!!"

"Well...At least two others."

"No you don't"

"Yes, I do."

"No way."

"Yes way." (Oops, I just realized where Scrunch got saying that.)

"Who?"

"My dad. And Jordan (my brother in law)."

Silence.

It's true.

Thanks Dad for setting the precedent! For so many things, but especially in setting the example in the (patient/kind/but especially patient) type of men we'd marry someday! Even if that day came sooner than you would have ever liked.


Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Blog Archive