Friday, July 31, 2009

Commenting on Comments

  • "Holy Crap! You have bangs!"
Way to go private eye! I almost thought about labeling the post 'She Bangs', but I thought maybe it would be a smidge over the line.
  • "So you actually take (or are injected with) Hcg while you are trying to conceive? Does it give you pregnancy symptoms?"
In my case I took five days of Clomid cycle days 3-7 and schedule a 13 day vaginal ultrasound. At the ultrasound they measure the uterine lining and count eggs. If you have any and they are big enough you are injected with hCG trigger. "The hCG trigger injection is a medication known as a human chorionic gonadotropin and is used after other fertility hormones, such as clomiphene citrate or menotropins, to induce ovulation (release of the egg from the ovary) or in women undergoing an assisted reproductive technology (ART), to induce final maturation of the eggs. The dose used for the trigger is dependent on the body mass index of the female."

And no, women who carry uncomplicated pregnancies and are considered fertile have NOT cornered the market on pregnancy symptoms. I am acutely aware of morning sickness, breast tenderness, fatigue, and a myriad of other symptoms that come in the first trimester. I just don't have anything to show for them.
  • "WTH?"
Holy Hell Holly I miss you! I'm three minutes from getting in the car and meeting you for lunch. We could do dinner at Sea World!?! You should get to cry yourself to sleep every once in awhile. We did for like weeks after you left. :)
  • "To be honest I have never looked at adoption that way but it is so true. It really does not matter how our children come to us, they are our babies and they picked us to be their mommies.."
I appreciate the honesty. Most people don't see adoption that way. I wish more would. That's why I talk about it so much. If there is anything I'd like is to for adoption to be viewed as "normal" without a hint of stigma attached to it.

If there is anything I do it is make bows. Lots and lots of bows. You can make them too, but it's a slippery slope. Pretty soon you're late for appointments trying to get the bow ready and shop based on the colors of ribbon available.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Instead of getting in a car to see Holly, you should catch a flight to Dallas for girls weekend out with Erica and my girls and don't forget Scrunch!

Blog Archive