Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Thoughts = Puppies

Only happy thoughts today...

After a really crappy day of finals or school in general, I would ask Husband (before he was my husband) to take me to feed the baby ducks. On a really, really crappy day I would ask him to take me to see puppies. There is just something about them that makes me so happy. After three years of begging, I finally convinced him that it was time for a dog. We moved to California on a Friday and picked up Jedi on Saturday. I was not deterred by the four hour drive to Redding after driving twelve hours the day before.

Every member of our family has been meant to be. Except maybe Chevy the Cat. He's a pain in the butt, but he's OUR pain in the butt. It may sound extreme to some to say that even the dogs are MEANT to be, but I swear it's true. Next week is Ani's birthday so I will tell you her story then. They helped me prepare for Little Miss and Ani confirmed to me that God answers prayers.

This should make you feel all warm and gooey inside.

Jedi as a puppy.

If you're wondering how they are doing with Little Miss being around now, they couldn't be happier. Someone is home almost 24/7 and I would let them babysit before I'd let some people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe that with the size Jedi is now that he could have ever been that small. I forgot how little he was. One day when I am all grown up and have a place of my own I am going to get a dog. I mean what kind of vet would I be if I didn't have atleast a cat, a dog and a few other cute little critters running around.

Anonymous said...

You are right - they ARE meant to be. Anyone that doesnt consider them family doesnt deserve one in their home. Unconditional and loyal no matter what. They dont judge and they just love and want love back (and pee and crap where you wish they didnt). Hell, if they had thumbs and could verbalize to use the phone they would be the better option than just about any human as a babysitter.

Blog Archive