Sunday, May 10, 2009

The most useful thing my mother ever taught me.

If you leave my house hungry it's your own damn fault. That may or may not be cross-stitched somewhere in my mother's home. It isn't, but I think I should do it.

At mom's house, there is never the concern about whether there will be enough food. Ask anyone who has had her salsa and guacamole. She only makes it in one size- enough to fill a bathtub. And I love it. L.O.V.E. I.T.

So, while reflecting on my mother and all that she has taught me today, I wanted something unique to share. She raised me, taught me just about everything I know, but most usefully she taught me how to feed a crowd.

Behold...
A Mother's Day Feast. Twice. Enough to fill a bathtub.


P.S. The tortillas were homemade, thank you very much.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

1 comment:

Holly said...

yum! I want some!!

Blog Archive