Sunday, October 19, 2008

A family tradition.

Anyone who knew us when we were little knows us as the little girls who dressed alike. Most of the time my mom made our clothes. Much more elaborate than the dress I made for Scrunch this week. She had to have something to match her Halloween bow. John says dressing Scrunch is my hobby. Like that's a bad thing. How did my mother make FOUR dresses and get FOUR little kids UNDER four to church? How? By the time she was my age my mom had her fourth child. When I think about that, I have to sit down. It just makes me tired. I told John this morning we should seriously think boy for the next one. (Because we actually DO get to choose if we wanted.) I just don't think I have it in me to sew for multiples every time we need matching dresses with the bows. He said I could do it- I would just need to start on Saturday. So maybe getting up early on Sunday morning to make her Sunday clothes is carrying it a little far. It makes everyone tired on Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Love the dress and bow! these pics are so sweet! and you'll still have to do matchy-matchy if your next baby is a boy...think matching tie, vest, sweater!!! The possibilities are endless!

Blog Archive