Thursday, October 2, 2008

Government run public agencies are a pain in the butt.

Hate the DMV? Try California Superior Family Court. It'll make you wish for the lovely line at the DMV any day.

Maybe I'm a little cranky from standing here and being asked idiotic questions that somehow make me feel like I'm the idiot, but I'm really not going to make my kid say hi and wave to every person who coos at her in line. Does that make me ornery? Unfriendly?

While I appreciate that you appreciate the cuteness of my kid, that doesn't necessarily mean I want to drum up conversation with you and be your new best friend. I will smile politely as you tell me how cute she is and thank you graciously for your compliments on the well behaved nature of my eight month old. But I'm not sure I want my kid to be oober friendly to random strangers wearing funny black ankle bracelets. If you know what I mean. You know the kind that beep and are for house arrest you see in all the movies. They exist.

We'll be back again today for the second time this week. Hopefully with the right forms to begin with, right signatures, right number of copies. No offense, but black ankle bracelet lady behind us, I hope you're not. You kind of scare me. Even if you play an awesome game of peek-a-boo.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Now that sounds like a grand old time:) good luck!!

Blog Archive