Thursday, March 26, 2009

Consolation Prize

I should never go on The Price is Right. (Did you hear Bob Barker came back?) I would really, really suck at that game.

Behind door number one we have a positive pregnancy test, gorgeous knit cotton cashmere maternity sweater complete with coordinating Baby Legs out of irresistible baby cashmere.

Behind door number two we have a negative pregnancy test, colorful socks. Or this. Or this one. Or all three. And still the Baby Legs.

Apparently I chose door number two and have done so four years running. No one can say we haven't given it our best effort. Can't say I'm surprised. No one looks good in a maternity sweater and my subconscious knows that. I will, however, still purchase the yarn for the baby legs because sometime there will be another baby. My babies just take longer than nine months to get here.

Do not underestimate the power of knitting and retail therapy, it can make for a very soothing consolation prize.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those baby legs are too cute. You'll have to show me how they turn out. Thanks for bringing me along to your retail therapy today! I, too, felt better afterwards ; )

Holly said...

I thought you said you were gonna do an "offensive" post! I love those! Do it ya big liar!!! hahaha! Remember, I think I'm funny:)

[alisar] said...

Just want you to know I enjoy reading your blog. Never know what to say, but love the reads.

About C.A.B. said...

It is Saturday night and I just came across your blog on my sister's sight. I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you as I read your posts-I don't know you at all, but I love your wit and spirit. Also, what a beautiful little sweetie (your daughter) you have!

Blog Archive