Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to the man!

The Legend, the Great Dr. Seuss is 102 today (or would have been.)

"Would you, could you, in the rain?

I would not, could not,
in the rain."

And he ain't a kiddin'. If it rains, then all fun comes to screeching halt. Well not ALL the fun. Just the birthday party at Fairytale town. It wasn't just a little rain either. More like a torrential downpour. I hardly ever wear hats unless I don't plan on showering. I have never owned an umbrella. And I've never worn rubber rain boots. All until today.

I wish I had a picture of us trying to get the kids in the car, but it will be sealed in my memory forever without it. Cussing, apologizing, then cussing again. Soaking wet. Coke cups splattered. Hour long drives for nothing. We looked ridiculous- totally in Dr. Seuss fashion.

We finally gave up and ended up at the bookstore to buy our very own copy of Green Eggs and Ham.

'I would not, could not in the rain.'

OK. OK. We get it. The sun may come out now.

4 comments:

Goose said...

CUTE! Dr. S would have approved!

Holly said...

Cuuuttteee!!

Casey said...

That is the cutest darn suess outfit! You just don't see those anywhere! Love her leg-behind-my-back pose too!

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

The onesie I found at Costco and the hat was made over the weekend with stash felt.

Blog Archive