Just in case you wondered. Adoption is not a cure for infertily. If you think it is, please don't do it and please don't advise it. It's just stupid. stupid. stooooopid.
Just in case you were ever tempted to tell someone that was going to/had recently/wanted to adopt about this person you knew 'who got pregnant as soon as the paperwork was in' or 'as soon they got the baby they found out they were pregnant'. If I had a quarter for every time I heard this, I'd have bought the matching loveseat to my sofa. (Wasn't that nicer than calling you stooopid?)
Guess what? We all know someone like that. (Don't look at me.)
But what you don't know is that they were still pursuing fertility treatments.
Or perhaps they never had a concrete diagnosis to begin with.
Or the meds built up over time and decided to work.
Or there was a baby that was meant to come in a different way.
Or they figured the whole sex thing out.
Or they were never infertile to begin with. They just got over the whole overpopulation justification for not wanting children.
Bottom line- You don't know damn thing.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- And it continues.
- Random on Fridays
- Smooth talking.
- An apple a day keeps the monsters away.
- Ulterior Motives
- Adoption is not a cure for infertility.
- A little quiz for you. Don't worry it's multiple c...
- Ten reasons why a person should know how to thread...
- No, it's not a mid-life crisis.
- Nocturnal Awakenings
- Dear Mike, Come home soon!
- You know you're spoiled when...
- If I got my way we might have world peace.
- Forget Punxsutawney Phil!
- Different types of love.
- Biggest Pet Peeve Like EVER!
- Motherly Confessions
- You might be sorry you asked.
- Good Luck Charm
- This is where we part ways.
- I'd like to thank...
- HELP! I'm new at this.
- Sunday Lesson
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2008 (371)