I like to make things easy on myself. The easier the better. And while I may have a thing for baby clothes, Scrunch is forming her own opinions. I knew that this would happen.
I expected the four year old flip of the hair attitude with an "Ewwwwww! Mo-om. I am not wearing that." That is better than nothing (such a mom thing to say), but not according Miss Independence. Apparently clothes are... like, so passe. Gosh, mom. You're like, so old. Clothes were so last week.
And so Scrunch has ditched wearing them. She's figured out how to get her shoes, socks, diapers, and pants completely off. The diaper proved a bit of a challenge since it is meant to be held securely in place, and comes in two pieces. But this kid does not back away from a challenge. Last night she even took it off under her jammies and woke up with it in her pant leg.
OK. Thank you. Easier for me. We (she) is now on day two of cranking up the thermostat and hanging out mostly nekid (That's how Holly says it). It is easier for me to pinch those cute little baby butt cheeks. Easier to wipe off peanut butter and jelly. Easier to wipe off most of anything. Even painting Valentine's had to be a little bit easier nekid.
Mostly I don't mind. I'll make her put some clothes on before she hits kindergarten. But this winter season, nekid is the new black.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- And it continues.
- Random on Fridays
- Smooth talking.
- An apple a day keeps the monsters away.
- Ulterior Motives
- Adoption is not a cure for infertility.
- A little quiz for you. Don't worry it's multiple c...
- Ten reasons why a person should know how to thread...
- No, it's not a mid-life crisis.
- Nocturnal Awakenings
- Dear Mike, Come home soon!
- You know you're spoiled when...
- If I got my way we might have world peace.
- Forget Punxsutawney Phil!
- Different types of love.
- Biggest Pet Peeve Like EVER!
- Motherly Confessions
- You might be sorry you asked.
- Good Luck Charm
- This is where we part ways.
- I'd like to thank...
- HELP! I'm new at this.
- Sunday Lesson
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2008 (371)