Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Place

The pic I posted yesterday in front of the house is not our house. Wish it was, but it's not. I debated whether or not to post these pics today but I am, for a couple of reasons.

#1. I decided blogging sort-of counts as journal writing. It's as close as I'm going to get anyway, and so for posterity's sake you're going to be subjected to some very boring pictures of where we live.

#2. I am a RateMySpace junkie. I love to drool over people's real life places. As I mentioned before, if I could live in a catalog I'd live at Pottery Barn with a few Anthropologie pieces for fun. As you will see, my house is far from it but no one actually lives in a catalog anyway.

If you put up with seeing these pictures I posted some cute ones at the end.

Our House

Actually our borrowed house. We don't own it. We pay some landlord we've never met to live here. Not bad considering we rented it sight unseen off of Craigslist.


If you don't see Ani and Jedi in the window then you've got the wrong house. And yes, I have to Windex the windows every other day.

The entry way, family room, and dining room.


That leather chair is my favorite spot in the whole entire house. It gets great light is super comfy and is where I do most of my knitting.

Your basic I-Need-to-be-remodeled-but-it-ain't-never-gonna-happen-cuz-I'm-a-rental Kitchen


The Love Nest


Little Miss' Room


Notice anything missing? Um yeah, it would be the crib. My dad is building one. No pressure dad, but she's growing faster than expected. If we wait much longer this little nap on the floor is going to be her permanent sleeping spot. But again, no pressure.

The sock monkey is the one I made a few weeks ago. The eyes aren't as creepy as they look in the pic I promise. And we're nowhere close to being finished decorating the nursery. In fact, its a good thing I didn't finish the curtains because we're going to be re-decorating it soon. Surprise, surprise...I've changed my mind!

And just so you know we do have a bathroom. Two even, but I'm not going to take pics of the other one. You get the idea.


We also have another guest room/office but right now it's being used to sort and organize some of my fabric so you're not seeing it either.

This is most of our house. The other spots you've missed, well... you haven't missed much. Most hallways and garages are pretty generic. The backyard is pretty unremarkable too.

So.....the cute pics I promised.

Ani's famous Am I Busted? Look


Her other famous You'll Get Over It Look.


We're fans of slipcovers. They're tacky and quite honestly pretty ugly but when you're not looking guess who's on the couch? But don't tell Papa. Mommy thinks it's cute. Plus, before she was reformed she took out some of her bad childhood on this couch.

The obedient dog on The Dog Couch.


The uglyer, smellyer, don't even think about sitting there couch on the other side of the room. I didn't even bother to take a picture it is that non impressive.

The end.

2 comments:

Byran and Diana said...

I love you house. I wish mine was so well put together.

northslopegang said...

Hi, This is Natalie C. Engleman's mom. I just wanted to say Hi, love your pics. Congratulations on your new daughter. She is beautiful. Visit us at: fredandchar.blogspot.com

Blog Archive