Monday, March 10, 2008

We Made It!

We made it to L.A. and so far Handsome Husband has made it to Newark, NJ. (I'm pretty sure he's still on a plane.) Since he will be without a cell phone for the week, I have to wait for an e-mail before I know whether or not he got there okay.

Grammy's house is set up with all the comforts of home. Little Miss has a crib and even her wipee warmer. She's very comfy. Not to mention all of the attention! We are already having lots of fun! Little Miss met her Great-Gramps yesterday and we went to lunch after taking Papa to the airport. I was happy to see that the same waitress from 10 years ago still works at Abes! Thankfully some things never change! And the Matzo ball soup was just as good as I remember.

Today we will go to Grammy's work to meet "the girls" and go to lunch. I hope to stop by Summerhill and see who still works there and who is still living. It is an assisted living facility where I worked when I turned 16. I worked in the dining room, the front desk, and then as Activities Assistant off and on between serving jobs until I finished nursing school. Lots of fun memories there!

This afternoon I hope to hit the quilting pretty hard. Aunt Goose gets home early so she will be able to hold Little Miss for me while I work. Although, she's not as useful as she was our last trip since she is in a boot. She broke her foot last week, poor girl.

1 comment:

Blog Archive