Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Motivated Shmotivated

Is it bad to put -Get showered and dressed on your to-do list for the day? I just want to have something that I might actually get done today on there.

I cast on Lizard Ridge this week which means two things. Somewhere someone should be cutting up Kaffe Fassett fabrics for me in return, and it is all I want to do. I never want to fold laundry and I only sometimes want to clean the bathroom. Right now it's neither. All I want to do is is K9, WT, P8, WT, K7, WT and on and on and on...till it's finished. This is supposed to be a gift, but I'm falling in love. And falling hard. And actually it's more of a trade than a gift. In return for this...

I'll be getting this...

It's a win/win situation, I'd say.

The only thing that is making my laundry today seem tolerable is that I've discovered books on CD. I can put my book on and fold laundry. I could almost enjoy it. It's like a twofer, or killing two birds with one stone. Except that according to this definition, the only way something like that would happen is to either 1) Wait until two birds are in close proximity and fire the stone from a bazooka. or 4)Meteorite collision with Earth. Not likely to happen. But I love the thought of blowing up my laundry with a bazooka. My bedroom has often looked like the Gap exploded. Unfortunately, I do not know where one comes across such a thing. If you do, don't tell me. I don't even want to know. I guess I will just have to except folding laundry as a fact of life, only made better by listening to Marley and Me and by the prospect of SOMEDAY finishing it so I can get back to the real fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive