I hear myself say, "I would love to donate a quilt top for a the Humanitarian Project." While in my head I'm saying, "Shut up Yannette! Shut UP! SHUT UP!" I have a habit of opening my yap on a regular basis. And along with unsolicited free advice on everything and anything, I also volunteer myself for projects for the sake of having a project to work on.
My mom had leftovers from a quilt she made, so she sent them to me. I used the leftovers to cut out a picnic quilt for us, and then the leftovers of the leftovers were used to make this. If it wasn't fabric, as a general rule I would NOT recommend reconstituting left overs that many times. Yuck. See? Free advice.
I think I'll use the leftovers of the leftover leftovers to make a doll quilt for Scrunch. Everyone should have a cozy quilt so bright it's blinding. But it'll be super cute when the border is on and it's tied with bright yellow yarn. It's flannel and husbands old jeans-making it super cozy.
They wanted a quilt top to tie; they got one. It's for a good cause... blah, blah, blah.
I don't really mind. I'm just mad because I want to keep it.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- ► 2009 (261)
- Why did the turkey cross the road?
- Give Thanks
- Sew cute!
- Hello my new best friend!
- Uh oh!
- Does God care about football?
- Some things I thought about while I cleaned the ho...
- Everything I know, I learned from my mom.
- Well I'll be!
- Time (and money) is of the essence.
- Neener! Neener! Neener!
- How has the Lord blessed your life lately?
- Details People! I need details!
- A new level of productivity.
- Learn to keep yer yap shut!
- The Greatest Compliment Ever Paid
- My kid is going to be in a Gap commercial!
- Better than Christmas
- Everything I ever needed to know, I learned from a...
- My sisters are in town.
- Still Proud to be an American
- One of these things is not like the other...
- When there is a will, there is a way.
- Me and My Big Ideas
- ▼ November (27)