I did it. I finally got rid of my wedding dress.
I have attempted to sell it on e-bay three times and each time, not a single bid. I kept threatening I was going to make something out of it, but who wears white satin except for at their wedding? I obviously had absolutely no sentimental attachment to my dress- until now. Scrunch will be wearing it to the sealing on Saturday. I'm officially sentimentally attached.
On the upside- I don't have to store it anymore. It was a little too puffy for my allotted closet space.
On the downside- Husband will never have his fantasy of me sitting on a '65 Mustang wearing my wedding dress realized.
On the upside- I don't ever again have to wonder each time I go in my closet if that dress would still fit me. It now definitely doesn't.
While the sewing machine was out, I also made Scrunch a pinafore for Thanksgiving. No pattern. I just made what I saw in my head. My favorite new toy is this handy dandy button maker. Move over bows, here come the button barrettes!
If you're looking for a cheap-o cute gift. Applique scraps to a pre-made fleece blanket. Sew cute!
I've decided that my New Year's Resolution is going to be to come up with and complete these kinds of projects the week before they are needed. I figure that by coming up with my New Year's Resolution now, I'm already ahead of the game.
First to set 'em. First to break 'em.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- ► 2009 (261)
- Why did the turkey cross the road?
- Give Thanks
- Sew cute!
- Hello my new best friend!
- Uh oh!
- Does God care about football?
- Some things I thought about while I cleaned the ho...
- Everything I know, I learned from my mom.
- Well I'll be!
- Time (and money) is of the essence.
- Neener! Neener! Neener!
- How has the Lord blessed your life lately?
- Details People! I need details!
- A new level of productivity.
- Learn to keep yer yap shut!
- The Greatest Compliment Ever Paid
- My kid is going to be in a Gap commercial!
- Better than Christmas
- Everything I ever needed to know, I learned from a...
- My sisters are in town.
- Still Proud to be an American
- One of these things is not like the other...
- When there is a will, there is a way.
- Me and My Big Ideas
- ▼ November (27)