Sunday, September 14, 2008

Next time.

Next time I'll become a bank teller. I don't know of a bank anywhere in America that is open on Sunday morning. Instead this will likely be my day.

Patient #1:

Me- "So? Let's talk about Hospice."
Very young, I-don't-know-what-I-did-to-deserve-this-patient- "I don't wanna talk about Hospice."
Me- "Yeah. Me neither. Let's watch football instead."


Patient #2:

Me- "Lay off the booze and the drugs and you might feel better."


Patient #3:

"Just let me slap this dressing on your butt and you can go back to playing Bingo."

This should be a doozie of a day. Days like this make you feel like a loser nurse. Because realistically, there's not a dang thing I can do for any of these people.

Next time, when I'm a bank teller- I'll sleep in every Sunday and pretend there are no sick people with health problems I probably (almost guaranteed) won't be able to fix, and eat crepes for breakfast.

Next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Netty. You might feel like a loser at work and your patients might not like you, but just keep reminding yourself that there is the cutest little amazon bug waiting for you at home who thinks you are the best, and in the end that's what makes you a winner. Love ya♥

Marti said...

If you were a bank teller, then they'd call you to be RS President so you still couldn't sleep in and would be taking care of sick people.

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Ewww, good point. I think I'll stick with my current calling. :)

Blog Archive