Next time I'll become a bank teller. I don't know of a bank anywhere in America that is open on Sunday morning. Instead this will likely be my day.
Me- "So? Let's talk about Hospice."
Very young, I-don't-know-what-I-did-to-deserve-this-patient- "I don't wanna talk about Hospice."
Me- "Yeah. Me neither. Let's watch football instead."
Me- "Lay off the booze and the drugs and you might feel better."
"Just let me slap this dressing on your butt and you can go back to playing Bingo."
This should be a doozie of a day. Days like this make you feel like a loser nurse. Because realistically, there's not a dang thing I can do for any of these people.
Next time, when I'm a bank teller- I'll sleep in every Sunday and pretend there are no sick people with health problems I probably (almost guaranteed) won't be able to fix, and eat crepes for breakfast.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- ► 2009 (261)
- How I decompress when I get home from work.
- News Flash: YOU'RE NOT FAT!!!
- What I'm Knitting
- Nature! Eeew! Get if off of me.
- Tag. No Touch backs.
- Cutefest Continues
- The Cuteness Factor
- My life is over as I know it.
- Matryoshkas are back.
- Bringing out the bilungualness in me.
- Scratch that.
- Now or never.
- I like my husband and I don't care if you know it....
- Oh Happy Day!
- How do you do that?
- Cuz you're all staying up late...
- I've got twelve hours until the shower.
- Almost famous.
- Sneak Peek
- Next time.
- The greatest inventions of all time.
- She gets it from her mom and a little anxiety.
- I didn't forget.
- I'm just Good-for-nothin' Mom.
- You like big butts and you cannot lie!
- Camping Review and a Book Report
- The Church is true. Adoption is true. Amen.
- This could be my last and final post ever...
- Not all fun and games.
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- ▼ September (32)