I have eaten something and am feeling MUCH better. I don't want you to think that I hate my job. It's just that sometimes it is a little TOO interesting.
For example, today one patient looked at me like I crawled out from under a rock because I asked him what his family farmed. Well apparently I should have known since they own a local and very prominent winery. I had been calling him Mr. So and so since I got there. Well excuse me! All I know about wine is that Kendall Jackson is an upsell when you're waiting tables.
A second patient answered the door dragging their foot in a bucket because the wound on said foot was draining so much. And that is secondary to the fact that this patient is off their methadone, Hep C pos, and has MRSA! But what is really important is that now I have to shower before I hold Little Miss and wash my tennis shoes because I know I've been splattered by one of the nastiest wounds I've seen in a long time.
But not before I walk in the door and am informed that we are out of diapers and they need to be washed. Oh, and Ani barfed today. I think any person, even people who love their job would have said Ayayay! And don't forget that I hadn't had dinner yet either.
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (167)
- ► 2009 (261)
- How I decompress when I get home from work.
- News Flash: YOU'RE NOT FAT!!!
- What I'm Knitting
- Nature! Eeew! Get if off of me.
- Tag. No Touch backs.
- Cutefest Continues
- The Cuteness Factor
- My life is over as I know it.
- Matryoshkas are back.
- Bringing out the bilungualness in me.
- Scratch that.
- Now or never.
- I like my husband and I don't care if you know it....
- Oh Happy Day!
- How do you do that?
- Cuz you're all staying up late...
- I've got twelve hours until the shower.
- Almost famous.
- Sneak Peek
- Next time.
- The greatest inventions of all time.
- She gets it from her mom and a little anxiety.
- I didn't forget.
- I'm just Good-for-nothin' Mom.
- You like big butts and you cannot lie!
- Camping Review and a Book Report
- The Church is true. Adoption is true. Amen.
- This could be my last and final post ever...
- Not all fun and games.
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- ▼ September (32)