Saturday, April 12, 2008

I am woman. HEAR ME ROAR!

Tawanda! (Go watch Fried Green Tomatoes if you don't get it.) All it took was a little hacking of PVC pipe and wallah! My very own creation- a play gym for Little Miss. She is content to lay on a blanket and stare at us, or watch Ani and Jedi but I thought one of those play gyms where the toys hang above them would be great. That is until I went to go purchase one. What is with all the creepy baby toys? Seriously. Forget the bug eyes and hideous colors. Everything makes noise, flashes, and has enough buttons it looks like it could orbit in space. I was overstimulated. Not to mention the $75.00 price tag. Um, I don't think so. I'm not about to pay seventy-five bucks to give my kid a nightmare, or ADD. I may be a little extreme in my thinking, but I'm not a fan of all the baby crap. I love the clothes and cute accessories, but all the STUFF I can do without. You wont find an Exersaucer or swing at this house. Sorry! And if you're a fan, then you'll have to bring your own when you visit. It could take over your house. So my solution was to make up my own. I picked a fabric that will coordinate with the quilt in her room (which happens to have the ABC's), added a few handmade wooden toys, and now she has her own customized activity gym that wont give mom a headache and cost me less than fifteen bucks to make. Now that I can live with.


Sorry the pic is a little bug-eyed. I'm still playing with the red-eye remover in my camera. One thing at a time. Oh, and she peed on the cute coordinating blanket.

2 comments:

featherhead said...

Let's try this again. Great job!! Little Miss is very lucky to have such a creative Mommy!!

cambridgeclan said...

You go woman. I love some of the lines from that movie. I love the little toy bar. I like it much more than any I have seen in the stores. I don't care for the flashing lights or noise either, but you already know that.

Blog Archive