Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fake It Till You Make It!

Since posting my weekly menus I've gotten all sorts of comments like "Wow! You're so organized!" or people wanting to come and eat at my house. For the first time ever, people are asking me for recipes. Um... thanks for the ego boost, but it started out as a joke. That way Handsome Husband would know whether or not to come home early and make it for dinner or be late and eat Mac and Cheese. I'm really I'm not some ooober-organized mommy chic. I'm mostly lazy and only want to think about cooking as little as possible. I sit down for 15 minutes once a week, break out Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals 2 and make my grocery list. If it doesn't have a fancy name then it's either pretty self explanatory or it came out of 0.99 cent Recipes. Then I don't think about it again until it's time to make dinner. I don't get frustrated in the kitchen figuring what to make and mostly stay within my grocery budget. So there you have it. The truth is out and I feel better. The key to organization is fake it till you make it!

2 comments:

Natster said...

the recipe for BBQ chicken and cornbread topper sounds yummy! Thanks for being such a good blogger- I love reading your blog every day! :)

cambridgeclan said...

OK this is about your post with Stupid Black Man. Yes, it did come up again and I had to figure out some way to explain it. Don't worry, someday Andrew and Bryson will surly teach Kens something you don't want her to know. It's all good fun.

Blog Archive