Monday, July 14, 2008

Don't Roll Your Eyes At Me

In a lot of ways I am an old lady trapped in a young person's body. I have heard that since I was a little girl. Everyone would tell me I was six going on thirty six. But I never really thought too much about it. I hung out with old people and I knit for a hobby WAY before it was made cool by Julia Roberts. Doesn't everyone? I never had to think about it because I've always been young. Younger than most of my friends. Youngest in my graduating class in both high school and nursing school. Definitely younger than almost ALL of my patients. Younger than most of my co-workers. I even fulfilled every Mia Maid's dream of marrying an 'older' man. Yes, I was a Mai Maid when Husband left on his mission. Naturally I just thought this would continue. And then last night (insert deep exasperated sigh here), I realized I'm older than the new Miss Universe. I don't think I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me I can relate - the beauty is that as the years go by, you can watch those younger ones and smile at how they are "all that" knowing we were there once - from a much wiser perspective. Like they say in Mexico, "The devil knows more because of his age than because he is the devil". Keep enjoying the ride as it comes (or you make it) - it just gets better.

Mothership said...

But lucky you, you are so beautiful your will NEVER look your age as you grow older :)

Blog Archive