Friday, July 4, 2008

God Bless the Soldiers and Missionaries Everywhere

When I hear "I'm Proud to Be an American" I can't help but get goose-bumpy. Today I'll be hanging out at the pool at a barbecue with family, friends, and lots of good food, but lest I get caught up in my world and forget...God Bless the Soldiers and Missionaries Everywhere. No matter where you stand politically (or religiously for that matter) you have to give props to someone who would devote their life and be willing to sacrifice it for what they believe to be true and right. It's a lot more than a lot of us can say. Recognizing their service serves as a good reminder to check ourselves and evaluate if we are living what we claim to believe- no matter what that might be.

Happy Fourth of July! And to all that have, will, and are currently serving- thanks to you from me.

Blog Archive